Wednesday, 9 December 2015 from 10:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
Learn Warwickshire Hub
6 Mitchell Court
Castle Mound Way
CV23 0UY Central Park, Rugby
Warwickshire Children and Voluntary Youth Services
- the umbrella organisation that brings together all the major voluntary children and youth organisations in the Warwickshire.
- WCVYS supports county and district wide voluntary organisations that empower children and young people and give them somewhere to go, something to do and someone to listen.
- We work closely with Warwickshire County Council, in particular with the Early Intervention Service, localities and communities, commissioning services and multi-agency commissioning and Warwickshire Children's Trust to build and strengthen the voice of the voluntary children's and youth sector and improve outcomes for children and young people.
- WCVYS is based in Stratford-Upon-Avon, covering the whole of Warwickshire.
Register for this event now at:
Major Donor fundraising is the fastest growing area of new income for charities in the UK and internationally. Major Donor fundraising is all about building and nurturing relationships with individuals, so that they want to invest in your organisation and the outcomes that you achieve.
Participants will be introduced to an eight-step process in identifying and securing major individual donors: Identify – Research – Plan – Engage – Ask – Close – Thank – Steward.
The course is intended to provide an overview of major donor fundraising and provide participants with the tools to start a major donor programme in their small charity.
This course will benefit those with a responsibility for major donor fundraising, as well as senior development professionals, chief executives and trustees who are looking to set up a major donor programme in their small charity.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential donors both within and outside their current networks;
- Use a range of tools and forms to support donor research in their own organisations, taking into account resource, ethical and legal considerations;
- Develop a donor solicitation plan and prioritise prospects;
- Engage potential major donors to develop their interest in the charity’s work;
- Describe the process of closing, including negotiation and agreement;
- Be aware of the importance of thanking and stewardship;
Please note: Cancellation Policy Due to the large numbers of non-attendance after booking, it has become necessary to introduce a cancellation policy. The following applies to all ticket types regardless of the cost of the initial ticket price. Organisations will be invoiced for a cancellation fee of £50.00 unless notification is sent at least 5 working days before the event. Should you wish to send a replacement, please notify us at email@example.com at least 5 days before the event. Notifications received after this date may be waived at the discretion of the Chief Officer.