Thinking about setting up a new group or Voluntary Sector organisation?
In need of help, advice or encouragement in developing a community or voluntary group?
Do you have a good idea, but don't know where to start?
WCAVA provides practical help, advice and support to local voluntary and community groups in Warwickshire, particularly those who are disadvantaged, marginalised or isolated.
WCAVA offers free advice and information through one-to-one and group consultations by dedicated workers in each of our local offices. We also share information via our regular newsletters and community forums. Our reference books and various publications also offer a valuable resource to groups seeking information.
We can help in many ways, including:
- Advice and support on researching needs for projects and services, and clarifying your organisation’s aims
- Guidance on the structure of the group or organisation and identifying roles and responsibilities of Management Committee members
- Help in developing your Constitution or policies and procedures
- Support with planning and developing long term strategies
- Funding advice and application support
- Networking and signposting – putting you in touch with others who can help and share experiences
- Training and advice to help groups meet identified needs
- Help in attaining Quality Marks – e.g. PQASSO, Becoming Visible, etc
- Offering resources, e.g. photocopying, room hire, for use by local community groups and voluntary organisations (check your WCAVA locality office for availability)
Whether you have one-off query or just need some guidance to develop your ideas – we are here to help – our services are open to all voluntary and community groups.
If you think your organisation could benefit from our help and support, please don’t hesitate to give us a call!