Healthwatch Warwickshire: Developing a bid from Within the Voluntary Sector – Expressions of Interest
From April 2013 a new organisation for Health and Social care will come into being in Warwickshire. This new organisation called Healthwatch will build on the work currently conducted by Warwickshire LINk.
Warwickshire CAVA, Age UK Warwickshire and Warwickshire's CAB have established a partnership with a view to submitting a strong local bid for the delivery of the new Healthwatch organisation.
Following on from the work of the LINk, Healthwatch will need to continue providing a strong local voice for users of health and social care services.
Paul Tolley, Chief Executive of Warwickshire CAVA says; “As a partnership we are convinced that the knowledge, skills and most importantly the reach of our sector, will be critical to the success of Healthwatch in Warwickshire. We are extremely keen to engage with voluntary sector organisations in Warwickshire who could strengthen our partnership and ensure that the provision of this service is retained within the sector”.
Warwickshire Healthwatch will have seven key functions:
• Gathering views and understanding the experiences of patients and the public
• Making people’s views known
• Promoting and supporting the involvement of people in the commissioning and provision of local care services and how they are scrutinized
• Recommending investigation or special review of services via HealthWatch England or directly to the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
• Providing advice and information (signposting) about access to services and support for making informed choices
• Making the views and experiences of people known to HealthWatch England and providing a steer to help it carry out its role as national champion
• NHS Complaints Advocacy - although this may not be a direct Healthwatch role in Warwickshire.
If your organisation feels that it could help develop, inform or help to provide these functions within a consortium bid for Warwickshire please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th July with the following information:
• Your organisation’s details
• Services provided
• What key assets do you bring to the development of a Healthwatch Warwickshire bid?
• Which of the seven key functions are you best placed to help deliver?
• Which geographical area(s) can you cover?
The Partnership will meet with as many organisations expressing an interest as possible on the 9th July and the 16th July.