New Ideas Advocacy: Launch of Day Opportunities for People with Learning Disabilities
New Ideas have launched a series of opportunities across the county for people with learning disabilities.
North Warwickshire- based in Community Hub, Long St. Atherstone
- Monday 2.00pm - 4.00pm: Men’s Health and Wellbeing group to start on Monday 12th November (this course will run for 12 months and is open to any man in receipt of a social care package)
- Tuesday 10.30am - 1.00pm: Make it Easy Group (this group works to make documents in plan easy read formats and takes commissions)
- Tuesday 1.30pm - 3.30pm: Speaking Up Group to start on Tuesday 23rd October 2012.
Nuneaton & Bedworth based in Hatters Space, Upper Abbey Street Nuneaton
- Monday 10.00am -1.00pm: Photography Course (8 week course giving a simple introduction to digital photography. This course will then move to another part of the county).
- Friday 10.00am - 12.30pm Women’s health and wellbeing course (this course will run for 12 months & is open to any woman in receipt of a social care package).
Nuneaton and Bedworth based in Community Hub, Church Street Nuneaton
- Friday 10.00am-12.00pm: Speaking Up Group to start on Thursday 25th October.
Rugby based in Community Hub, Albert Street
- Speaking Up group to start 21st November 2012.
- eMpower which provides one to one support for people to explore new things, visit new places or have a bit of general support.
- eMpowerY provides one to one support to 18-24 year including looking at transitional issues.
For information about any of the above opportunities contact the New Ideas Team on 02476 361800 or e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org