This 2 day workshop covers the generic topics and themes that will equip paid staff and volunteers with the knowledge and skills to operate safely when working with adults in health/caring environment.
Topics covered are introductions only. Attendees will be encouraged to seek further opportunities to train at a more in depth level. This may be at the request of the organisation or as a development opportunity for the individual volunteer.
It is not intended to replace or duplicate organisational specific induction or training. It is the responsibility of the volunteering organisation to provide the above in line with their policies and procedures.
Who is the Workshop for:
- Voluntary and Community Organisations delivering health and wellbeing services
- Volunteers working with organisations delivering health and wellbeing services
- Volunteers of Private and Public Sector Partners delivering health and wellbeing services
- To equip paid staff and volunteers with the knowledge and skills to operate safely when working with adults in health/caring environment
- Who we are
- Holistic Care
- Recognising Need
- Introductions to Dementia Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Person Centred Care
- Boundaries and Risk Management
- The Care Game
On completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate.
Non-members:** £125 per person per session
Max 2 people per organisation
For further information please contact Alison Orr on 01788 574258, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please ensure that you are listed as a member, and therefore entitled to the discounted fee, before registering for the event: www.wcava.org.uk/member-organisations
**Voluntary Organisations are invited to become members, for free, by completing a Registration Form, found here: www.wcava.org.uk/membership