on Thursday 19th Oct, 2017 at 9:30am
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA), Warwickshire's Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Warwickshire County Council Safeguarding Teams would like to invite you to our FREE partnership event focussing on building networks and strengthening relationships between statutory and voluntary sector services to improve joint working in safeguarding and support to children, young people and their families.
Thursday, 19th October 2017, 9.30am - 4.30pm, Wolston Leisure & Community Centre, Manor Estate, Old School Fields, Wolston CV8 3PD
The specific learning objectives for the day are:
• To begin dialogue between voluntary and statutory services regarding safeguarding of children, young people and their parents/carers.
• To ensure joint understanding regarding support and referral mechanisms, particularly in regards to the role of the multi-agency safeguarding hub (MASH)
• To develop a joint understanding regarding the threshold for statutory intervention.
• To start the conversation about how voluntary and statutory organisations can work together to deliver support and safeguarding to children, young people and their parents/carers.
• To develop a regular mechanism for debate, discussion and training between voluntary and statutory sectors in Warwickshire.
9.30am - Tea/coffee and networking
10.00am - Welcome and Introduction
10.15am - Safeguarding consultation referral and thresholds for intervention - John Coleman, Initial Response Service Manager & Ramandeep Sandhu, Team Manager.
12.15pm - Lunch (provided)
1.00pm - Joint working between community & voluntary organisations and statutory services. How we can work together in the future - Bill Basra, Service Manager, Community Connections & Marina Kitchen, Service Manager, Transformation
2.45pm - Break
3.00pm - Prevent. Part of the governments counter-terrorism strategy - Helene Heath, Prevent Officer
4.25pm - Finish & Close
For more information please contact Kate Morrison, Director of Volunteering, Warwickshire CAVA. Or to book your FREE place, please use the link below.
- Children & Youth
- Community News
- WCAVA News