Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 10.00am - 2.30pm, Newtown Centre, Newtown Road, Nuneaton CV11 4HG
Circles help people to be happier, healthier and more connected with the support of those around them. They can be used in a wide range of circumstances – from an individual family wanting to support one of its members better, through to large service provider organisations.
Community Circles as a charity have approaches, methods, tools and experience which they want to make available to other groups, organisations and families. Its main approach is not to be a service provider but to transfer these resources to others who might find them useful to achieve their goals.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is working in partnership with Community Circles, and Warwickshire Community And Voluntary Action (WCAVA) to introduce and explain this innovative model.
If you are a group or organisation that:
- recruits and uses volunteers,
- aims to help people build connections or reduce loneliness,
- promotes asset-based approaches (i.e. what can be done rather than what cannot),
- is interested in new approaches to corporate social responsibility, social value or workforce
- Circles might be able to add some value to what you do.
As part of WCC’s commitment to support individuals on the edge of care and to prevent, reduce and delay the need for formal support, they will have funding available to support community organisations pursue Community Circles. The grant will be discussed as this event.
For further information please contact Alison Thompson on 024 7638 5765, or email: email@example.com.
- Mental Health
- WCAVA News