The fund will support and pilot local creative ideas and grass-roots activity which enables children to get the best start in life and improves school readiness.
Bids will be considered from organisations and groups who directly support 0-5 families during any time from the moment of conception through to when the child reaches school age such as community groups, charities, social enterprises and local projects.
The grant can be provided in a one-off payment of £2500 to each initiative or projects can join together in a joint bid to receive a larger amount. In order to bid for the funds each project must meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Access to learning activities
- Access to play and learn areas and equipment
- Improving the health and wellbeing of children aged 0-5 and their families
- Activities helping to develop parent-child bonding and attachment
- Activities which help children to develop self-help and social skills
- Activities which help parents develop skills to interact with their children and support their development
- Initiatives that support most vulnerable families with 0-5s, including those with special needs, living in isolation and/or from poorer backgrounds.
Applications are open from Monday, 12th September until Friday 11th November at 5.00pm.
For more information on the community grant fund and how to apply please click here. If you have any questions with regards to the application please email: email@example.com or call 01926 413788.